After traveling for the past several weeks and hosting out-of-town guests last weekend I committed this weekend to helping Miller with baby prep projects. The house is now 95% ready for Baby Girl Sparks #2. That's right, she remains nameless. Considering we didn't name Finley until after she was born (and she was several days late I might add) we still have plenty of time. However, we are now officially at a stand-still. During the last pregnancy we had a working name list that we simply whittled down on a regular basis. This time it seems we completely disagree on every name. While I have very specific naming criteria, Miller is more creative and spontaneous with her naming suggestions. If you know us well you probably already assumed this was the case.
Since Finley was recently diagnosed with a mild case of asthma and she is under 3 years old her pediatrician strongly recommended that she receive the H1N1 vaccine. We showed up to the doctor's office Saturday morning for the dreaded shot only to discover that she has strep throat. Really? The kid was in a great mood and wasn't complaining of throat pain at all. Then we remembered that when she went for a regular well-baby check up at 4 months old the doctor identified one of the worst ear infections she had ever seen. Again, no pain indicated from the infant. Apparently she has a very high tolerance for pain (like Miller) or is too stubborn to admit she is in pain (like me.)
By the way, when naming this post I was immediately reminded that I still miss Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live. No one will ever be able to deliver the news like that lady. Sorry, Katie Couric. Oh well, next random thought in progress...
1 comment:
Name suggestions from the EWMS crew:
Dakota, Claudette, and Georgette (for Rhonda's hubby)
Post a Comment